Value Stream Capital
Investing in Manufacturing and Manufacturing Technology
At Value Stream Capital we believe strong manufacturing companies are the foundation of our communities and economy. It is time for manufacturing companies to thrive!
At Value Stream Capital we specialize in manufacturing and manufacturing-related technology where value can be unlocked by eliminating operating constraints.
Value Stream Capital looks for mid-size manufacturing companies with high growth potential but who are held back by capacity constraints. Our ideal target companies have one or more of the following characteristics:
- $10 to $100 Million in gross revenue
- >$1 Million in assets
- Backlog situation or stuck value
- Owner(s) are seeking to exit the business
- Owner(s) are looking for a growth partner
To unlock value from an organization we improve flow through each business process, optimizing the supply chain, inventory positions, equipment utilization, and production processes. After increasing capacity to meet current demand and beyond, we establish efficient marketing processes and lead funnels that dramatically increase revenue.
Opportunities for Sellers and Buyers
Selling / Growing
Business owners who are seeking to sell their manufacturing or technology business, or need a trusted partner to grow their business, are encouraged to reach out to us*.
*Please be prepared to provide 3 full years of financial statements.
Qualified investors seeking to diversify their portfolio through manufacturing may contact us here.
When Purple Mattress needed to eliminate a 45+ day backlog before going public, they called Cedro. Cedro is an MBA, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, and entrepreneur with over 25 years of experience starting and scaling companies. (read more)
- Founded KPI Fire, a SaaS software company. Exited in 2021.
- Cut lead times for Tesla electrical components by 80%.
- As VP of Operations, Cedro used Lean manufacturing principles to increase production from <300 mattresses per day to over 1000 per day resulting in a successful IPO!
- Reduced order to fulfill time at Rustico Leather by 55% enabling a 30% increase in holiday sales.
- Reduced Length of Stay in the ED at Mountain West Medical Center from >160 minutes to 120 minutes.
When Powerblanket needed to shorten production lead times to keep up with rapid growth, they called Ryan. Ryan is an MPA (currently serving on his city council), Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, and Executive Coach with over 25 years of experience helping companies grow.
- As COO of PowerBlanket Ryan reduced production time on standard products from >3 weeks to <45 minutes without adding people, spending on capital equipment, or changing the product.
- Reduced sales-to-ship time for custom products from 10 weeks to 5 days.
- Oversaw the creation of customized software that allowed a predictable daily build schedule to achieve these results.
- Received AME Manufacturing Excellence Award in 2017 and the Utah Manufacturer of the Year Award in 2016.
Let’s Invest in Manufacturing Together!